Drunk wireframe men - work in progress

Started by tsunami, June 13, 2012, 10:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

I'm working on this projest..it's funny for me..
all models modeled on Unigraphics NX7.5 and a quick render with keyshot power..
Regards

guest84672

Love it. I would maybe increase the gamma bit (settings tab).

tsunami

Quote from: Thomas Teger on June 13, 2012, 12:35:02 PM
Love it. I would maybe increase the gamma bit (settings tab).
Hi Thomas, do you think i must increase a bit the gamma..because is too much "warm" color..so should i move on gamma?
Regards

guest84672

Yes - it will make the whole image a bit brighter.

PhilippeV8

what's up with the corks getting dark when seen trough the bottle necks ..

I forget each time how to overcome that ... is it ray bounce increment ?  or is it detailed indirect illumination ?  or ... ?

feher

this is very cool. nice work.
Philippe
It's going to be a ray bounce issue, need to crank it up for more detail through glass.
Tim

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 15, 2012, 01:47:17 AM
what's up with the corks getting dark when seen trough the bottle necks ..

I forget each time how to overcome that ... is it ray bounce increment ?  or is it detailed indirect illumination ?  or ... ?
Hm..i think it's ray bounce, because in this scene i turned off indirect illumination..but i see there is something similar on central bottle label too...
Regards

tsunami

Quote from: feher on June 15, 2012, 05:21:43 AM
this is very cool. nice work.
Philippe
It's going to be a ray bounce issue, need to crank it up for more detail through glass.
Tim
Thanks Tim..i appreciate your comment!..it's still a Wip, i will try to end it on next week..
(i'm still working also to Maserati Gt, with your previous help; and using your suggestion i did also 500, i don't know if u saw the thread)
Regards

tsunami

Here the last one render shot..
Regards

PhilippeV8

looks very good ...

however, I kinda liked the "clean" look on the first draft.  (meaning, no wood table top surface ... maybe even the added color from the 2 bottles laying down) ... would be interesting to see a render of that to compare.

funny thing also, if you look trough the "drinking jar" (or whatever you may call that), the wine bottles look like they are filled with red wine, while if you look just below the jar, they are empty :D

I like the setup though, and all things I haven't talked about ... those other things are all perfect ;)

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 20, 2012, 07:42:02 AM
looks very good ...

however, I kinda liked the "clean" look on the first draft.  (meaning, no wood table top surface ... maybe even the added color from the 2 bottles laying down) ... would be interesting to see a render of that to compare.

funny thing also, if you look trough the "drinking jar" (or whatever you may call that), the wine bottles look like they are filled with red wine, while if you look just below the jar, they are empty :D

I like the setup though, and all things I haven't talked about ... those other things are all perfect ;)
Here a render without floor wood to compare...
I don't know because there is that "mistake" on bottles ..hm i think the light pass through 2 glasses , the first one on the front with the 2 wireframe men, and then on the below bottles...
..regards

PhilippeV8

Just a little play with color balance in PS and some light adjustments ...

The thing that bothered me I guess, after seeing this new render .. is that with the wood table, you have nothing going on in the background .. which doesn't add to tricking the mind.  While with a white gradient background, it looks like a photo-studio setup.

On the other hand, with the wite setup, I feel your lighting has become a bit bright (and a tad blue) .. where as the yellowish-red light gave the scene warmth.

Hey .. I am no expert so, don't take it to serious .. others might read this and think "you know nothing, sht up" :p

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 20, 2012, 01:18:58 PM
Just a little play with color balance in PS and some light adjustments ...

The thing that bothered me I guess, after seeing this new render .. is that with the wood table, you have nothing going on in the background .. which doesn't add to tricking the mind.  While with a white gradient background, it looks like a photo-studio setup.

On the other hand, with the wite setup, I feel your lighting has become a bit bright (and a tad blue) .. where as the yellowish-red light gave the scene warmth.

Hey .. I am no expert so, don't take it to serious .. others might read this and think "you know nothing, sht up" :p
;)Hey Philippe..naaa i follow all suggestions here,..i'm here to improve..so the best is getting critiques, suggestions and some "hey guy--nice work".. ;D..i thought was a funny project, for broke with automotive renders and getting some relax.
Was funny making 3d wireframe men cad model, and bottles etc etc. using lights with a lot of glasses reflections.. ;)
However i like your ps about the image...asap i will try to add a background..
Thanks
regards

PhilippeV8

Looking at it on screen at work, it looks like I overdone it ... seems too yellow from here :p