Main Menu

Wash my Porsche

Started by Chad Holton, June 15, 2012, 09:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Holton

Anyone else have trouble with birds?

Josh3D

Next webinar... "Creating realistic bird droppings in KeyShot" ;)

Speedster

Nice!  When I saw "Wash my Porsche" I was hoping it would be dirty, and I could ask how you did it.  Add to the next webinal "How to create dirty paint", which I'm fighting right now.  Like oxidized black with mud, dirt, and of course, bird droppings!
Bill G

guest84672

Like it - car looks a little big compared to the house / garage.

PhilippeV8

Yeah, I was more like hoping for some nice girls with wet t-shirt kinda render ;p

tsunami

Nice color,...orange Porsche..
If i can say..as happened to my renders...i would give some "weight" on tires,cutting them a bit on 3d model..
(did you use a backplate or an environment?)
Regards

Chad Holton

@Josh:  ;D It would be a short one and a huge hit, I'm sure!

@Bill: Thanks! You should post your WIP of it, if you can, so we can help. I would suggest using dirt and all that as partially transparent labels for a start. I have the perfect model I'd like to try this out on. I just can't dirty up the Porsche too much, as it's a work of art!

@Thomas: Thanks. I thought the same thing too while doing this one. This is my driveway and I just got done washing my Fusion, so I shot a few pictures with and without the car there. This way I had the Fusion as a reference using the same angle (for proportion and perspective, so the Porsche is the same size as it). There were spots left over on the driveway where I had blacked the tires and just sit the wheels of the Porsche there to start.

@PhilippeV8: Sorry to disappoint... there was only one person there when taking the backplate picture, a fat hairy fellow. You really don't want to see him in a wet t-shirt!  ;D

@tsunami: Yeah, I got lazy and didn't bother..  :( I may play with this one some more as there are other things to fix that's bothering me too and the tires will be one of them. I used a picture of my driveway for the backplate and the desert environment (from the earlier KeyShot versions).