Main Menu

white hangar

Started by tsunami, June 22, 2012, 10:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

This is an hangar.. ;D

guest84672

The car seems way too small and the focal length of the car seems different when compared to the backplate.

It has potential, though.

Josh3D

Yes indeed, great start here.

tsunami

Quote from: Thomas Teger on June 22, 2012, 12:00:11 PM
The car seems way too small and the focal length of the car seems different when compared to the backplate.

It has potential, though.
Maybe is too much small, but the jet is not that litte.. ;)...can u explain what do u mean with "focal lenght of the car seems different compared to the backplate?"..
regards

tsunami

Update...

PhilippeV8

if you look at it, it seems ok .. then if you focus on the floortiles, and then look back at the car, it does look miniature ... so it must be the floortiles .. it's ok to have such big ones, but the space in between them should be VERY small then.

guest84672

Much better ... but yes - the floor tiles and/or the grout lines must change. I take it that the whole scene is 3D including the plane?

tsunami

Quote from: Thomas Teger on June 23, 2012, 07:43:36 AM
Much better ... but yes - the floor tiles and/or the grout lines must change. I take it that the whole scene is 3D including the plane?
Yes that's right, entire scene is 3d but i got a render image only for the hangar and the airplane , and then i used for backplate, otherwise it's too much "weight".
But is the floor of an hangar, with big dimension, so i thought the floor tiles had to be dimensioned right , with big industrial dimension as all the hangar...
Regards

guest84672

Thanks for clarifying. Is the focal length in the 2 scenes the same?

tsunami

The focal lenght on second scene is a bit different from the older one i posted...

PhilippeV8

Big industrial tiles (or even concrete plates) are indeed comon in hangars.  However, the (what did thomas call them ..... ) grout lines (you see, we learn every day  ;)) must be al least 60% thiner.
Tiles vary in size, but grout lines are mostly between 1cm and 1mm wide.
In your render, it gives the impression you've got normal size tyles and your plane & car are RC's-size.

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 25, 2012, 11:33:50 AM
Big industrial tiles (or even concrete plates) are indeed comon in hangars.  However, the (what did thomas call them ..... ) grout lines (you see, we learn every day  ;)) must be al least 60% thiner.
Tiles vary in size, but grout lines are mostly between 1cm and 1mm wide.
In your render, it gives the impression you've got normal size tyles and your plane & car are RC's-size.
yes you have reason...(that's good on keyshot forum, because all users with experience could help all users, with right suggestions)...grout lines must be more thiner ..i will work on it..
Regards

Jslowsky

I recognize this illustration as one found on Cessna's website, but just the jet.
Problem you are having is that you're trying to show off two beautiful models at once. Choose which one and remove the other. You would need to change your camera for the composition regardless which one you select. Keep in mind the "Rule of Thirds" and you will be successful. I don't see a problem with the tiles or the grout lines, every other element should draw your attention towards the object of interest (the car or the jet), you can rotate the tiles so the grout lines draw you towards the vehicles while the beams on the hangar are drawing your attention downward towards your subject. It's a beautiful illustration. A slight change in value would help the scene (darker on the right). Well done

Speedster

Progressing very nicely!  Maybe leave in the plane, but really take advantage of depth of field to put it out of focus?  That way the composition remains, but the car becomes the focal point.
Bill H