Mercedes 300SL. a classic

Started by mmmster3d, June 28, 2012, 06:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmmster3d

can i just say, i love the hdr editor!!!

mmmster3d

could you tell me more about the floor?  it is a cg element as well so i can totally change the scale- is it too small you think or whats bugging you about it?  and thank you!! :) there is actually a red spot gradient in the back but it was at very low opacity, and then when i made it into a jpeg it kind of disappeared altogether haha i should bring the opacity up i spose. 

guest2984

There's nothing wrong with the floor but i would tweak the wood texture because seems that the car is on a table. Hey, this just my opinion!
Btw the lighting is perfect. Actually the red back spot is barely visible.

I took the liberty to edit your shot in PS and this is what i had.

(I've removed my previous comment because i realize that i wasn't clear.)

Dylan

That's an excellent model, can you show us more angles? Maybe change the BG colour to something not so deep black so the car stands out more.

mmmster3d

I can see what you mean about the floor now.  It indeed is pretty glossy, I played with it and ended up thinking the hi gloss went with the fancy car.  But I will try playing with it and doing a couple different renders and see what happens

I can take some screenshots of it at other angles on Sunday when I'm finally home. I think I will try brightening up the bg color as well.

Thanks guys!