Le Rhone Engine Project

Started by Deacon, July 08, 2012, 05:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deacon

Using Stephane Bouye's superb drawing (from GrabCad) as the basis for this project, I'm working on a cutaway rendering of the Le Rhone 9-cylinder engine. Following are a couple of preliminary images from the project. First is a quick Keyshot rendering to test colours and textures. Second is a preliminary cutaway view from Inventor.

Paul
http://www.roughboy.net

Dylan

I like it Paul. The old film edge look is a nice touch.

Deacon

Thanks Dillster. It's still a WIP, not entirely satisfied with the materials yet but getting closer now that I've started rendering work on the cutaway view.

Paul

Josh3D

Really looking forward to seeing the cutaway finished up. It's looking really detailed already.

feher

You have some really nice stuff going on in this image.
Keep up the great work.
Tim

Deacon

Thanks Tim & Josh... appreciate the good words. Work continues on the materials for the cutaway, most complex rendering I've done to date.

Paul

Deacon

Here's the latest cutaway rendering. Larger views can be seen on my site at Le Rhone 9-Cylinder Engine.

Paul

Speedster

Paul, it's really exciting to follow your progress on this great model!  You might want to consider adding the old-fashioned "red" to the cut edges, like they used to do when creating actual cutaways and demo models.  They also used red, green, yellow, blue, etc. to denote different parts and or sections.  Love your "old slide" look!
Bill G

Deacon

Thanks Bill... appreciate the good words. I had considered coloring the cut planes as you suggest. I did that on another cutaway rendering of the standard Heywood Wheel. I may yet do that on a future rendering of this piece, still a number of renderings I want to produce.

Paul