I propose a new challenge

Started by tris.d, July 14, 2012, 01:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tris.d

This time Keyshot selects the exclusive model for the challenge.

The one who makes the most amazing shot and/or animation of the model wins!

CAClark

I agree with this method. I think the last two winning entries clearly showed the model counted heavily toward the win, which was fine as the rules allowed it. However, for a more even field where KEYSHOT really is the focus, a locked down model would really make the contest interesting.

Cheers!

tris.d

...and no post edits.

Pure Keyshot capabilities and sheer rendering skills!

Ed

I was also about to say - no post editing.  No render passes.

If you really want to showcase what KeyShot can do out of the box, let the entries concentrate on composition, lighting, and materials on a common model.

Ed

Seghier

agreed
i don t like post editing because this is rendering contest not modeling or editing and i am one of many designers who don't have photoshop 

Speedster

I agree with all.  One locked down model downloaded as a .bip in startup.  No post, just raw KeyShot. Well, maybe just a signature or heading, but no tweaks. That would be fun!
Bill G

feher

I agree. No post work. Just straight renders.

fario

Hello,

Agree also for me. No post editing.

Antoine

EGON

@ Seghier. http://www.pixelmator.com/ Give it a try. You will love me forever :)

fario

omg......... 15euros...

:o :o :o

buy and test.

Many thanks :)

Antoine

Speedster

Dang!!!  Pixelator not available for us prehistoric knuckle-dragging PC users!
Bill G

EGON

Now you know how I feel. No HDRI-STUDIO, .............. for Mac.

red_orca

I'm completely with you guys on the common model for everyone.

I spent more time trying to find the right model and getting it the way I wanted than on the actual Keyshot work in the Engine contest.

I'm not against post edits in Photoshop but can understand why some would feel that way and would be open to that criteria in a contest, except there's no real way that it could be governed is there? How could you determine whether someone has or hasn't done a multiple pass composition or a lighting tweak?

tsunami

Quote from: red_orca on July 16, 2012, 06:58:40 PM
I'm completely with you guys on the common model for everyone.

I spent more time trying to find the right model and getting it the way I wanted than on the actual Keyshot work in the Engine contest.

I'm not against post edits in Photoshop but can understand why some would feel that way and would be open to that criteria in a contest, except there's no real way that it could be governed is there? How could you determine whether someone has or hasn't done a multiple pass composition or a lighting tweak?
...I agree too, should be only Keyshot power (most of cases don't need afterwork with photoshop), and next contest with the same 3d model for all as i asked on forum at the end of 2012 watch contest.
Keyshot works don't need postwork...is powerfull  ;)..
And   to determine if a keyshot user used in his keyshot render image  a multiples pass composition with photoshop or other software, or if he used some trick..everyone at the end of contest must send or post a keyshot render image and the relative keyshot bip scene...soooo simple to verify by contest judges; and i think also after the end of a contest should be helpfull to all, to post the bip winners scenes , ..everyone will improve keyshot experience.
Regards