sunset: Aston Martin DB9

Started by Redsteel, July 14, 2012, 04:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redsteel

First of all, many thanks to Mandun for the car model.

I wanted to try something a little darker and see how the materials react without the typical bright, clear light.

EGON

I would go back to the typical bright clear look. This is looking very dull. JMHO.

Redsteel

Don't worry EGON, that's the point of posting the image. So, in order to improve the image, why dull?

Dylan

I think it looks okay. Maybe play with the colour saturation of the backdrop a bit, or crop closer into the car. The gaps around the edge of the door look inconsistent in that image, you might need to tighten the gap a bit at the doors rear edge.

EGON

It looks flat and mushy. Look at the shadow around the hood opposite the tires.See what I mean? The shadows and highlights just don't look flattering to me. This kind of look takes a lot of work. Look at the one I found on the internet. To me this looks good. Hope this helps.

CAClark

I think part of the problem is that the colour tinting etc has been added after the render is done? Could be why the car is lost in the image a bit.

Cheers!

Redsteel

Quote from: CAClark on July 16, 2012, 10:57:29 AM
I think part of the problem is that the colour tinting etc has been added after the render is done? Could be why the car is lost in the image a bit.

That could be it. Lets see now.