Main Menu

Yacht sketch

Started by bezet82, August 01, 2012, 03:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bezet82

Just a quick sketch of motorsailer.

Dylan

CAClark

It doesn't look realistic, but the feel of it is really nice :)

Cheers!

bezet82

That's the plan, not realistic, more fairy alike, like here

Dylan

Dreamy is the word I couldnt think of. It has a dreamy look, very nice too.

br3ttman

Yacht designs can be so compelling with their rich integration of materials: teak, composites, and metals, and their gorgeous lines.  I'd like to see how designers might interpret this into everday products, both furniture and even electronics.  Nice!

Dylan

Quote from: br3ttman on August 02, 2012, 08:31:19 PM
Yacht designs can be so compelling with their rich integration of materials: teak, composites, and metals, and their gorgeous lines.  I'd like to see how designers might interpret this into everday products, both furniture and even electronics.  Nice!

Didnt they used to have all that years ago? I see a lot of it in ancient films from the 70s where cars had wooden sides, stereo systems and TVs all had wood and chrome. Now it's all black shiny plastic, which I think looks neater.

br3ttman

Quote from: dillster on August 03, 2012, 07:49:08 AM
Quote from: br3ttman on August 02, 2012, 08:31:19 PM

Didnt they used to have all that years ago? I see a lot of it in ancient films from the 70s where cars had wooden sides, stereo systems and TVs all had wood and chrome. Now it's all black shiny plastic, which I think looks neater.

You're right, Walmart is a Mecca of "neater" design and phenomenally more sophisticated than the ancient pre-80's design movements.  It's too bad Apple uses authentic materials like real glass and aluminum and the clean approachable designs pioneered by the likes of Dieter Rams.  They might have had a chance for a competitive edge over the black shiny plastic products put out by Microsoft, HP and Motorola.