strange ?

Started by boogie, June 08, 2010, 03:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boogie

I can import iges files with 1.9 but 2 doesn't recognize the file, always error (mac version).

::)

kenc

Also having import problems with the new mac version. Keyshot2 won't open any of my STEP files generated by Alibre 12.x... files that open fine in 1.9.x

Also, Keyshot2 completely messes up any of my IGES files (exported from Alibre 12.x, which also opened fine with 1.9.x)

I'm sticking with 1.9.x for now...  

guest84672

If you go under the preferences and uncheck "Use new importers" you will get the old importers back.

Any files you can share would help tremendously. Please send to support@luxion.com.

Thanks, Thomas

kenc

"If you go under the preferences and uncheck "Use new importers" you will get the old importers back."

Nope. Now I just get a different error message. Every one of my IGES and STEP file imports are now met with:

"KeyShot discovered an error when importing this geometry. Please contact support@luxion.com"

Attached is a STEP file you can try. Opens fine in KS 1.9.x.

guest84672

Download again and install. We discovered a few missing libraries.

Thanks,
Thomas

kenc

Quote from: Thomas Teger on June 10, 2010, 08:13:29 AM
Download again and install. We discovered a few missing libraries.

Beauty, that fixed it for me.

On a related note, is there a reason KS2 trial isn't saving preferences? Every time I start the KS2 trial, I have to go back into Preferences -> Importers and uncheck Use New Importers (beta).

Ken.

JTrusty

QuoteEvery time I start the KS2 trial, I have to go back into Preferences -> Importers and uncheck Use New Importers (beta).

I don't think that problem is isolated to just the trial. I have the same issue with the full V2.0 Pro. :-\

guest84672

Yep - I noticed that some preferences don't get saved. Not all of them, though.