Test Fixture, trial assembly. And first KS 3.3.26 render

Started by Speedster, August 26, 2012, 09:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Well, the test fixture I designed is finally at the trial assembly and final inspection stage.  All aluminum parts have been walnut-shell blasted, and we're now ready to send them out for black (color, not hard) anodizing.

Test Fixture, 24" x 36" surface plate and stand, digital gauge, height gauge and caliper all in SolidWorks.  Backplate from an online search.

The second image is a screenshot showing how I used the Ground Grid to line up perspective and camera, as well as my HDR created in HDR Light Studio Pro.  It has many "multi-light" arrays to capture the hot spot lighting often seen in car shows and the like.  Added the two additional lamps to it using KeyShot's HDR Editor.

This is my first render in the 3.3.26 update (see Forum topic), which has some neat new features.  Especially the new "industry standard" color picker, in two formats.  I love it!  But now it REALLY needs a cancel or reset button!!!  Ctrl+Z does not undo your new color choice.  Also, it would be nice if the old style was still available as an option.

Bill G

Angelo

wow this looks real, really nice work with the blending!.......... how many axis on the cnc turn machine?? XD

Speedster

Thanks, Jody-  at least I didn't have to worry about grass! 

Angelo- I don't know how many axis are on the machining center.  It's a photo backplate.  Looks like it has live tooling, however.

Bill G