Another cool ride

Started by EGON, August 28, 2012, 04:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGON

Another real photo. Why? I feel taking real pictures helps me with my renders.1954 Chevy. These Homies do great work.

Speedster

I so agree.  I reference Rodder's Journal Magazine photos often, which I think are the best car photos there are.  Just for grins, my friend Bruce sent me this yesterday- they were all restored by his friend, Joe Caviglarie.  I can't imagine how many millions of $$$ are sitting on the grass.  I would LOVE to model these!   But, as you point out, what a lot of clues for rendering!
Bill G

EGON

Yes Bill, making good imagery is hard work. Here's another one I did about 3 min. later. I guess this is their parts hauling car.

Robb63

I know they are real, but that Porsche closest to the camera looks a little "fake" the way it's sitting on the ground.

Speedster

Yep- it's interesting how we can do a better job in KeyShot than you can "for real"!  I have a medical device client who's using my KS renders for all their advertising literature, promo and website, including an animation. They have the real deal, but can't take good photos of it.  But I know Egon could!  I'll share it after they have cleared it for release. 

By the way, what I really like about your work, Egon, is that it's "quiet" but thought provoking, to the point and not fussy.  You know when to stop, a lesson we should all learn.

Bill G