How to duplicate folders

Started by and, September 06, 2012, 01:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

and

Hello,
I have a Folder with few animations. I would like to copy this folder in main Animation window and have two the same folders. Is it possible to do?

guest84672

Unfortunately it duplicates only the animations inside the folder and not the folder itself. We will fix that.

DuncanL

Hello!

Has this been looked at any further? I'm trying to repeat an animation over and over with one part slowly changing but when I duplicate the folder, it seems to also duplicate the transition value. For example, instead of my animation movement being named 'Pistonup', it's named it '2xPistonup464'. Is this a formula of some sort? It moves the part twice as much as normal.  :o

Thanks!

Dunc

Bruno F

Hello,

Say that the translation named Pistonup moves your part by 1 unit.  If you make a copy of Pistonup (regardless of its name), it will move the part by an additional 1 unit also.  Thus if both animations are shown stacked one right above the other in the timeline, then the total translation is 2 units.  Are you saying that the 2xPistonup464 moves the part by 2 units (Pistonup + 2xPistonup464 = 1 + 2  = total translation is 3 units)?  When you select the animations, what is their respective translation value in the scene tree?

Please be sure to reply to support@luxion.com for better tracking of this issue.

Bruno