Biggest new feature in Keyshot 2

Started by quigley, June 10, 2010, 04:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quigley

If you dig beneath the new interface,the faster rendering and all the other goodies in Keyshot 2 you will find the best new feature - more flexible licensing :)

You can now install Keyshot on up to 3 computers and active/deactivate on each via the internet. So now you can have Keyshot on your laptop and your desktop and another one as well.

guest84672

Just not simultaneously ... and you will need your serial code to activate.

rkulshrestha

What does  "not simultaneously" mean?
Can I install keyshot on another machine now?
Shivani

Ralf-S

Shivani, that should answer your question:

Quote from: quigley on June 10, 2010, 04:21:09 PM
If you dig beneath the new interface,the faster rendering and all the other goodies in Keyshot 2 you will find the best new feature - more flexible licensing :)

You can now install Keyshot on up to 3 computers and active/deactivate on each via the internet. So now you can have Keyshot on your laptop and your desktop and another one as well.

But you cannot use KS simultaneously, that means only one and not all at the same time.  ;)

quigley

BTW folks this really does work. I upgraded today (this feature was not testable in beta) and now can run Keyshot on my desktop in the office and my laptop (but not at the same time). What you need to do at the moment though when you want to move to your laptop say, is, on the desktop, go File>Deactive, then on the laptop (I have assumed you have installed Keyshot), open Keyshot and choose Activate from the splash screen dialogue. You do need to enter your serial code over again though. Restart Keyshot and you are away.

To move back to the desktop, reverse the procedure (again you need to enter your serial code each time).

Hopefully in a later update keyshot can retain the serial number info in some way to save that stage, but for the moment you can copy and paste the serial numbers from your email purchase confirmation.

Sam

this moving back and forth is not limited? or is the limit 3 pc's?

guest84672

quigley

Thomas, I meant to ask you but does a Mac running OSX Keyshot and Windows Keyshot count as one activation or 2? In 1.x Keyshot on a Mac the license was usable on both sides on the same machine but this new version uses a serial code with internet activation so might this now count as 2 machines?

guest84672

You should be able to use the same license file, or even activate using the same serial code. As long as the MAC address is the same - no problems.

oz10

can anyone help? I have installed keyshot on my home computer and now want to install it at work. I have downloaded and installed the software at work, and I have deactivated keyshot2 at home by going file/deactivate.
BUT it doesn't seem to deactivate...i can still use it. I tried deactivating over and over but I could still use the software. Then when I go to work, predictably it said the licence was already in use. Any tips? Why won't it deactivate?

br3ttman

So I'm looking forward to this multiple PC option, however, what happens when I reach my limit of 3 PC's (work + home + laptop) and then want to upgrade my home PC to a new system?  Will I not be able to migrate my license to the new PC?