Main Menu

Bath Faucet

Started by Mark_84, September 23, 2012, 08:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_84

Hi guys!

It's been a long time since my last post (racing disc brake BTW..).

Here you have my last render done in KS 3.3, it's such an awesome tool, superb quality, light direction is so real and the physics beyond the light behaviour it's also astonishing.

This is a bath faucet, very simple design but I just wanted to 'mess' a bit with the new features of KS. I've been also gathering a lot of knowledge from the Webinar, concerning topics such as emissive materials, raybounces and stuff.

Enjoy!

Any tips are welcome ;)

Speedster

Really elegant!  And you really nailed the glass- the best I've seen!
Bill G

KeyShot

I second that. Looks great!

Mark_84

Thank you guys! ;) It would be absolutely impossible to achieve such a gret quality without the KeyShot bunch, you guys are doing an absolutely fabulous job. The merit is yours.

On the 'water-like' renders, I think I should work hard on them a bit more in order to get a more realistic look for the water stream I'd like to represent, it looks nice but too 'unreal' for me. I should struggle a little bit more with the glass in order to make the light pass through the hole in a more attractive way, now it seems a little bit awkward and chaotic, a little bit rudderless...the light coming from the emissive material isn't flowing as I expected..Apart from that, I think is quite nice.

Thank you very much guys,

Keep up the good work ;)
Quote from: Speedster on September 23, 2012, 12:19:56 PM
Really elegant!  And you really nailed the glass- the best I've seen!
Bill G

Quote from: KeyShot on September 23, 2012, 12:29:11 PM
I second that. Looks great!

Speedster

I wonder if you could put in something like a "light pipe" inside the glass to represent the water.  Like offset surfaces or other geometry upon which you could apply "water", and that might also transmit the emmissives?  Just a thought, but maybe worth playing with.  It's a real challenge, for sure!
Bill G

EGON

Really nice. But....... The counter top is clashing with the faucet in a bad way. I think it's called a tangent.  It's not touching but poking the faucet. JMHO.

Mark_84

Morning Egon!  8)

I've checked the model again and no 'clash' detectec at all, neither 'penetration' against other bodys. Can you point out where this is happening? I'm unable to see what do you mean without using Solidworks 'checker'.

Thanks again ;)

Quote from: EGON on September 23, 2012, 06:32:46 PM
Really nice. But....... The counter top is clashing with the faucet in a bad way. I think it's called a tangent.  It's not touching but poking the faucet. JMHO.

Josh3D

Brilliant. Really like that 2nd one a lot.

EGON

I'm talking about the way you shot the picture. I think a different camera angle would make this look way better. That's just my opinion. Other than that great job!

Mark_84

Hi again !  ;D

Had a last try despite I'm unable to give my renders an artistic 'touch', I know you can impress the audience and also give an extraordinary view to your creation if you struggle a bit with the camera..but I'm afraid this is not my case.

Anyways I came with my last try and hopefully moving towards new projects very soon.

Enjoy.

P.S: Tips are welcome as always ;)

Quote from: EGON on September 24, 2012, 05:39:39 PM
I'm talking about the way you shot the picture. I think a different camera angle would make this look way better. That's just my opinion. Other than that great job!

Josh3D

Hey Mark, here's a good shot for a faucet. Notice the '3/4 view' and 'Rule of Thirds' in effect on this. Water coming out would really tell (sell) the story as well :)

Mark_84

That is a superb piece of faucet btw  ;)

I wish I knew how to 'make' water in Solidworks without leading into an 'artificial' look. Realflow would do the job awesomely well, but that's a whole different story ;)

Thank you very much for your contribution and friendly feedback. Keep up the good work Josh! !

Quote from: josh3d on September 25, 2012, 01:17:47 PM
Hey Mark, here's a good shot for a faucet. Notice the '3/4 view' and 'Rule of Thirds' in effect on this. Water coming out would really tell (sell) the story as well :)

kdoan84

Looks awesome! How did u do the leds ?

EGON

Much better. No tangents.

Mark_84

Are you talking to me?  :P

I used Emissive material and then some 'flakes' textures, just played a bit with the angle and size, and ended up with a LED-look-a-like.

Quote from: kdoan84 on September 25, 2012, 06:43:09 PM
Looks awesome! How did u do the leds ?