Directed lighting

Started by mikejb, September 27, 2012, 10:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikejb

I'm very new to Keyshot, having inly used it for a couple of days now, but I have a question.

Is it possible somehow to be able to direct the lights in Keyshot with a little more accuracy than just adjusting the HDR lighting rotation and height? Some of the models I'm using need to be lit from a specific angle, and sometimes no amount of rotating and/or height adjustment of various environment settings seems to help in enabling me to light particular parts of the model in the way I want . It would be nice to be able to "add" a light source pointing at a specific spot on the model (much like lights in After Effects) but I suspect that Keyshot is simply not designed to work that way.

Mike.

Speedster

Depending on the version of KS you are running- go to the "Environment" tab and click on the small "Edit" button.  There should be "Luxion KeyShot HDR Editor" available.  In this you can add in additional lights to your existing HDR dome and adjust them at will.  Then save it as another file name for later use. 

You might also want to look at www.hdrlightstudio.com, who make a powerful app for creating domes. 

Bill G