Main Menu

dirty

Started by fario, October 17, 2012, 12:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Bio .. you don't have weekends ?? :p  This thread so isn't dead  ;D

Those are very very nice and a tutorial would be awesome !

swashbuckler

Despot

Sorry  :-[

I must just be a sad git... at the moment all days are just merging into one, weekends as well

J

Despot

I thought I'd try and replicate in KeyShot a shader that I'd built from scratch using Maxwell Renders's material system last year...

It's supposed to be reminiscent of paint thats chipped showing a layer of rusted metal beneath - the first image is the MW version (hope I don't get shot down in flames for showing it here...) the last two are KeyShot, rendered with different texture scales.

I've got to point out,  as most people will know, displacement doesn't exist in KeyShot so Ive just used bump mapping to separate the paint from the rust, also because there is no 'roughness' map feature in KeyShot I've had to cheat a little bit...

Thanks for looking

Cheers

J

PhilippeV8

These are awesome again !

fario

thank you, but...

I speak of a general filter for the whole scene, and no treatment of each material, independent :)

Despot

Unbelievable... lol

Cheers J

Despot

by that, I just meant I should have read the topic properly instead of feverishly rendering useless examples...  :)

j

PhilippeV8

Lets hope the effort wasn't wasted ;)

I'd like to have these type of materials in the library 2, just so we've got a thing to start off from when we want stuff to look worn.

fario

oulala, I do not want to be offensive.

Thank you for your impressive work :)

Despot

No Antoine, you certainly haven't offended me....

If your looking for a filter that can 'dirty' up your entire image, add noise / grunge etc then try Filter Forge, here's the URL :

http://www.filterforge.com/

There are literally thousands of filters to choose from and a free 30 day fully functioning trial to test them out on...

Cheers

J