Main Menu

Label issue

Started by PhilippeV8, November 06, 2012, 01:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

I have a part with an arrow label and I need to switch it sometimes.  If I re-open the file the scale sais 1 ... but I'm pretty sure the real scale is 0.035 .. now when I hit the little folder button and select my "arrow_mir.jpg", it puts the label at a real scale of 1.  So I have to reduce the value to 0.035 over and over again.
It's an issue specific to this project and after I have all my renders I'll maybe never run into this ever again .. who knows ... but just wanted to let you know ;)

guest84672

I thought we fixed this in 3.3 - let me check.

PhilippeV8

Ah .. oops ... I'm on 3.2.32 here  :-[

Need to call the IT-guy ;)
He doesn't like me to use the latest release too soon unless I've got a real issue with the current used.  We agreed that I scan the forum and if there's no real big issue, I call him for an upgrade.

guest84672

Yup - fixed in 3.3 - we tested it last night. Good luck getting a hold of the IT guy ;-).

PhilippeV8

I'm still not on the lates build and I don't know if this is a known issue ...

I was working on an other scene and I added a label.  Then moved on to add it to the render Q.  When it started rendering, it didn't have the label on it.  So I stopped the render, closed KS and re-opened KS and the scene.  The label was gone.
I opened the material and the label was still active, however, in order to see it, I had to change the scale from 0.02 to 0.5, and I had to change its ori

guest84672

Can you please upgrade to KeyShot 3.3? We fixed all of this.

PhilippeV8

I have a worse situation now ... In the realtime render view, even after open/close the project, a texture position is correct.  I add a render to the Q with time limit of 2h.  Now it's rendering out and shows the textures in different positions :/

Did this 2 times all over, same result.  v3.3.31 now.

PhilippeV8

So I figured out that when I add files to the Q, these bips are saved, different location, different file name(extention).  So I tried saving my original scene with a different filename, then open it.  And behold ... the texture was misplaced as I was seeing in the rendered Q image.
So in the process of saving your file to a different filename, textures are moved around ?

I got it working now.  My last idea if this didn't work, was to re-name the extention of the Q'ed files and open them as bips, then rename the extentions back to make them work in the Q.

PhilippeV8

Same issue now ... save to different location with different filename doesn't fix the problem ... loading the bip still shows all OK, only rendering displaces the textures.
Working with the Q'ed-Renamed-files now to work-round.