Main Menu

XRM125

Started by PhilippeV8, November 06, 2012, 11:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Here's one of my latest renders.

It's a air-vent-valve with accoustic filter.

DriesV

Very nice cloudy plastic!

PhilippeV8

Thnx Dries!  I think I finaly understand that material ..  It needs fine-tuning with every change of environement .. sometimes even with a different camera angle.  But I feel I'm 99% there now  :D

I still feel that the blue valve plate inside the tube looks awefully flat ... but in reality it has sharp edges, so it kinda looks this way in real.

DriesV

Just to clear things up for me...

I reckon you're not part of R&D. Do you get these CAD models THAT detailed from them? With the wiring and stuff?

Dries

PhilippeV8

Lets say ... 40% of the time, yes.

I'm grabbing a quick screenshot right now to show the in-side of the sound-filter.  They gave me just a tube-shaped "mousse" part.  I had to make the bumps.

I'm in between R&D and the "graphic studio".  And I have most lisences of anyone here :p  Inventor-AutoCAD-Photoshop-Illustrator-Indesign-Flash-PremiereElements-KeyShot-3DViaComposer-...

KeyShot

fario

impeccable, bravo.

peut etre un poil plus fonce le fond?

PhilippeV8

Thnx Antoine,

I understand right that you suggest to darken the background a bit ?

I would ... only our studio wants me to render on pure white backgrounds ... this way they can integrate the renders in our mostly white brochures/leaflets without having a box around the image.

I do have some good examples here of how a gradient background can realy make a huge difference on your scene and make your objects pop more ... but they just don't want to hear it ... and I think they are right !  They are the ones that chose the layout and the feel of the print-work, so they are boss ;)

guest84672

Really loving it. Can you share your "cloudy plastic"?

Thanks, Thomas

Imz

I'd also be interested in how you modify your cloudy plastic- nice job!

feher

Very Very nice !!!!!!!!!
It's a keeper in my book.
Tim

PhilippeV8

Ok, here we go:

Type: Advanced
Diffuse: 43:43:43
Specular: 200:200:200
Specular Transmission: 238:237:228
Diffuse Transmission & Ambient: 0:0:0

Roughness: 0,029
Roughness Transmission: 0,1
Refraction: 1,5
Fresnel: ON
Glossy: ON
Glossy Samples: 9
Use DMA: OFF

Depending on the scene/angle/HDRI, you want to play with Diffuse, Specular Transm and Roughness Transmission.

In this scene I've got Tokyo_Temple.hdr with Contrast: 1 and Brightness 2
File settings: Brightness 1, Gamma 2, RB 6, Self Shadows and Global Illumination ON.

Finaly; thanks for the kind words !  Means a lot from you guys !!

guest84672

Awesome - can you also share the .kmp file?

Thanks so much!

PhilippeV8

Does this work OK ?

guest84672

Very nice - yes - thank you!