Keyshot doesn't work!

Started by Muukuro, November 10, 2012, 04:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muukuro

I've been wanting to try out KeyShot for ages, ever my since my friend started telling me how great it was. The thing is, it appears not to work on my system...

A while back, on my Windows 7 laptop, using the unregistered trial version, I tried to make a few renders. It seems to work fine whenever I open a .bip example file, but that's about it... I am an active SolidWorks user, so the ability to natively render .sldasm files using a seemingly capale engine has always appealed to me. But when I tried to open up some SW files (both parts and assemblies), a notice popped up saying, "<file>.sldasm does not contain 3d geometry."

I know that my friend is able to render these same files effortlessly in Keyshot, so the error isn't in the files.

When I tried to import an .obj, things got even worse:

The sharp-witted may notice that the images above are not made in Windows 7 at all, but rather in Windows 8. I did a clean install of Windows 8 just last week, even to the point of reformatting my harddrive. Then I decided to give KeyShot another go. Obviously, there was no change in results, so I'm starting to suspect that the errors may somehow be related to incompatible hardware or something. I use an HP EliteBook 8530w, with an nVidia Quadro 770M video card, if that's is of any use.

I would include an error log or debugging log if I could, but I have no clue as to how to accomplish that.

Is there anyone with ideas, or better yet, solutions?

EDIT: Ow, and I also tried installing both the x64 and x86 versions (both the latest version, 3.3.33), to no avail. I run x64 Windows 8.