Grandmas Block. Brooklyn, NYC.

Started by EGON, November 21, 2012, 05:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGON

Mitsubishi Lancer. Nice car for under 40k.

PhilippeV8

How did you take the first picture ?  Or isn't it an egon-shot backplate ?

Despot

First one's realistic... but in the second shot I can't help thinking that the scale is all wrong, the car looks too small... In my opinion it needs to be one third bigger

Although it could just be my old eyes...

J

PhilippeV8

It's true, it does seem the car is scaled down ...  The gap is probably to narrow for a car ...

EGON, you could however park a fiat there !

abedsabeh

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on November 22, 2012, 04:23:23 AM
It's true, it does seem the car is scaled down ...  The gap is probably to narrow for a car ...

EGON, you could however park a fiat there !

He can always use the sunroof to get out of his car  :)

Dylan

Quote from: biomechanic on November 22, 2012, 04:14:36 AM
First one's realistic... but the in the second shot I can't help thinking that the scale is all wrong, the car looks too small... In my opinion it needs to be one third bigger

Although it could just be my old eyes...

J

Yes I think the house doors and windows look huge in comparison to the car. Nice renders all the same.

EGON

You can try to resize the car yourself and post results. The JUST EVO should have an alpha.

Speedster

Interesting exercise.  I agree the car is too small.  These houses were built back in the Model T days.  Our first home was built in 1920 (paid $22k for it!) and you could not drive a Honda down the drive to the garage.

I model much of my stuff from scaling photos, with a few known dimensions and knowing what size things were.  So I dropped my 1913 Model T Speedster into your image for illustration.  The hood is 48" from the ground, likely the same as the fence.  The doors are about 80" tall.  So using these basic dimensions I was able to eyeball the Speedster into the scene.  Your car would be about 40" tall.

But no matter, I (we) LOVE your work, and it's fun playing with stuff like this!

Bill G

EGON

My 2 cents. @ Philippe. That video is insane. @ Biil. This kind of stuff drives me nuts.