Main Menu

Bruiser Creature

Started by DominicQwek, November 26, 2012, 12:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DominicQwek

Hey all, here's my latest piece.

Bruiser concept.

Sculpted, Polypainted in Zbrush. Rendered in Keyshot. Finishing in Photoshop.

PhilippeV8

Don't take this wrong, but damn ... is he ugly !

Seghier

very nice
can you add expression to the eyes to reduce symetry ?

Dylan

Skint

Shooter

very cool model, and i love the look of the skin

all the best,
Voya

DominicQwek

Seghier- I definitely could have pushed the assymmetry more.

Thanks for the comments.

DominicQwek

Some have pm-ed me asking more about the workflow for this so I am going to elaborate a little bit more. The textures are polypainted on the hi-res model in zbrush, I then use UV master in zbrush to unwrap UVs, bake my polypaint down to those UVs and export my diffuse maps. When I'm painting, I'm always checking what the color map would look like by swapping to a flat shader in zb. I then decimate my model in zb keeping UV borders in tact.

The keyshot process is very straight forward. I import my decimated model, add my diffuse map, use one of the bump maps in keyshot to break the uniformity of the model a little. I then spend some time tweaking in Keyshot. This part is the most fun for me because of how fast and efficient Keyshot is (especially for re-iteration purposes, plus the fact that your reiterations come at such a high production quality, it's easier to nail what you want) That said, I do wish Keyshot had shaders which allow a dirt map of sorts, a SSS mask map slot, spec roll off, eccentricity, etc. To compensate for this, I do some photoshop touch up on the render. Keyshot gives me all the shading and lighting that I need, realistic shaders, great lighting. It would be awesome if we could output passes(diffuse,spec lighting, SSS), that would be a dream come true!

Hope this helps!

Imz

Thanks for elaborating; would it be possible for you to show some snapshots of how your process workflow works/ looks?

As an industrial designer focused on hardware, I've never polypainted, unwrapped, or decimated things in a render- sounds fascinating!

DominicQwek

Imz, all of that information is on zbrushcentral.com. Check it out, there are a lot of tutorials there.

Speedster

Well, Dominic, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I love your work here.  Did any of you notice the "PCB" tat?  Great idea.
Bill G