List Current License Users when no more floating licenses are available!

Started by abuettner@inneo.com, November 27, 2012, 02:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abuettner@inneo.com

List Current License Users when no more floating licenses are available! not just "enter server" which may be confusing. Thanks, Arno

DonChunior

+1
That's a really great idea!

I'm system administrator and I would appreciate such a feature.

Brandon Davis

You currently can see the current users using KeyShot from the server machine. Open the lmtools.exe on the server, click "Server status", click "Perform Status enquiry". This will give you a read out of the number of licenses in use, as well as available for use.

DonChunior

Quote from: Brandon Davis on November 27, 2012, 10:36:17 PM
You currently can see the current users using KeyShot from the server machine. Open the lmtools.exe on the server, click "Server status", click "Perform Status enquiry". This will give you a read out of the number of licenses in use, as well as available for use.

You are right, Brandon.
The problem is, if a user doesn't get any license, because all are out, he calls the system administrator. I've to login on the server machine and check, who has got licenses.
It would be better, if the user immediately gets informed, where the licenses are. Then he can ask this people by himself, if they need the license longer or if they can free it.