Black and white supercharged..

Started by tsunami, November 28, 2012, 04:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

A strange inconsistent black and white..pff...
A boring moment

feher

Nice curves  :) The car has nice curves too.
The only thing I would like to see is the frt wheel turned the other way.
Tim

PhilippeV8

I must agree with Tim.  Tho I love dirty tires in such shots (there's just no way to have perfectly clean tires on such a sufrace), they are quite present in the image.  Turning them the other way will make it more subtle.

Then there's deff something up with the blur in this image.  It looks like a picture taken with a very dirty lens.

tsunami

Quote from: feher on November 28, 2012, 06:39:32 PM
Nice curves  :) The car has nice curves too.
The only thing I would like to see is the frt wheel turned the other way.
Tim
Yes i love all those curves ..;-) car and other.. ;D
For wheel i thought was the best perspective...
Regards

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on November 28, 2012, 11:29:29 PM
I must agree with Tim.  Tho I love dirty tires in such shots (there's just no way to have perfectly clean tires on such a sufrace), they are quite present in the image.  Turning them the other way will make it more subtle.

Then there's deff something up with the blur in this image.  It looks like a picture taken with a very dirty lens.
"Then there's deff something up with the blur in this image"..yes Philippe i wanted this strange blur effect..on diagonal..because i wanted also the girl but she must  not be the first focus on it..
regards

PhilippeV8

Ok then ... might I suggest then to "blur" the edge between sharp & blurred ?  Now it's very prominent on the front bumper of the car.

DriesV

Quote from: tsunami on November 29, 2012, 04:27:51 AM

"Then there's deff something up with the blur in this image"..yes Philippe i wanted this strange blur effect..on diagonal..because i wanted also the girl but she must  not be the first focus on it..
regards

This blur still feels 'unnatural'. Camera DOF doesn't behave this way in real-life. Or is the blur not meant to simulate DOF?  ???

From the camera to the back of the scene you encounter:
1) nose of car
2) girl
3) rear of car

The problem with the blur is that the car itself is totally crisp on the very front but also on the very back, while the girl is blurred.
That does not happen with DOF. You simply cannot have more than 1 focus plane in your scene.

If you want to keep the girl blurred, then you have 2 options:
1) make the rear of the car MORE blurred than the girl and the front totally crisp
2) make the nose of the car MORE blurred than the girl and the rear totally crisp

greetings,
Dries

tsunami

Quote from: DriesV on November 29, 2012, 05:18:22 AM
Quote from: tsunami on November 29, 2012, 04:27:51 AM

regards

This blur still feels 'unnatural'. Camera DOF doesn't behave this way in real-life. Or is the blur not meant to simulate DOF?  ???

From the camera to the back of the scene you encounter:
1) nose of car
2) girl
3) rear of car

The problem with the blur is that the car itself is totally crisp on the very front but also on the very back, while the girl is blurred.
That does not happen with DOF. You simply cannot have more than 1 focus plane in your scene.

If you want to keep the girl blurred, then you have 2 options:
1) make the rear of the car MORE blurred than the girl and the front totally crisp
2) make the nose of the car MORE blurred than the girl and the rear totally crisp

greetings,
Dries
Hey Dries,
thanks a lot for your comment..i appreciate it, and i appreciate your image help,..all that it's really "clear" to me.
In origin my idea was only to make a render shot with a non natural effect..that because u see that strange blur effect...that
obviously is not natural, and doesn't simulate a real dof.
Was an added blur on postwork and i didn't create a dof effect on keyshot scene , using a focus point;my idea was only to create
a "problematic non natural and standard photo", just an effect at the people looking in.
My idea is that in every car render,if you add a girl , this will be the focus point on the photo;but sometime is nice to have a female figure in a car shot;
so the girl must be not the focus point and must be blurred; the only way to create a car render with a female figure is with a Ferrari....on this case you can be
sure the girl will never be the focus point..:-)
However your idea to create a real blur effect with dof in keyshot scene..is growing on me...
Regards