Main Menu

Another Evo

Started by EGON, December 04, 2012, 05:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGON

I really like this car. You don't see many of them around Denver. In fact, never. More of a California type car I guess. Fast!

feher

Very nice. I would love to see some water streaks on the windows. Some mist from the wheels.
at any case great image.
It's a keeper in my book.
Tim

SergioBL

Agree with Tim!! Looks really nice!

KeyShot

Looks good! A reflection in the wet road would be a nice addition. I am guessing you would ask for either roughness or a bumpmap on the ground for this image though.

PhilippeV8

I love the car, I love the backplate, I love this render.  Nice job !

On the remark-list: what these guys said.  Plus, maybe rotate the car just a little little bit with its nose more to the left .. I feel like it's not perfectly aligned with the road.  And on the backplate, I would edit out the black rectangle above the car .. it has no meaning in this image.  And while some say bright area's is the main focal point for people, .. this dark thing keeps atracting my attention.

Change all that and it can go in a car-magazine just like that.
Perfect !

EGON

I tried a reflection, it just doesn't work for me. I rotated the car a little to the left and removed the sign. I think the car may be to small? Thanks for you input guys.

PhilippeV8

Did you rotate to the driver's left ?  Or the camera's left ?  :P
Should be the camera's left !

Maybe it could be 0.1 bigger .. its size does kinda fit with the general image.

PhilippeV8

Get the reflection in a post layer, then first make it fade away at the bottom, stretch it a bit in height (there is deformation, from what I can tell from googled pictures), then aply Brush Stroke "Sprayed Strokes" filter with long stroke length and large radius.  You can't realy set the angle on that filter, so you might want to rotate your reflection so that a "horizonal direction" for the filter matches the direction of the car... then rotate back.

EGON

This is 3 degrees camera left Philippe.  How did you determine that?  You have a golden eye. As for the ground reflection, I'm leaving it out. Even if I made it come out good I don't like the way it cuts across the yellow line. Bugs me.

feher

I feel left out....lol No rain drops or streaks on the glass.
I see how it is.

Angelo

Quote from: feher on December 05, 2012, 04:49:15 PM
I feel left out....lol No rain drops or streaks on the glass.
I see how it is.

maybie it just stoped raining and the car decided to drive then did you ever think of that? XD

PhilippeV8

Angelo > I buy that  ;D ... but it then still misses a tiny bit of spray behind the weels ... otherwise the weels must not be blured, so we can see the car is stationary  ;)

Speedster

Well, Egon- you've "gone and done it again"!  It's really beautiful, and your backplates are consistantly stunning.  You have an artist's eye.  I don't miss a slight reflection, but perhaps some headlight glare would be in order?  Here in California it's the law to drive with the headlights on when it's rainy or misty, and wouldn't this year car have lights on anyway?  But, that's just my typical anal observation!
Bill G