Hangin' with a dead fly... :D

Started by Chad Holton, December 31, 2012, 09:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Holton

A little something I was playing with tonight. If I have a moment tomorrow, I'll slap on some vague smudges and such to the clean glass because that's what I do when nobody is looking.

Model and textures created by Jay Hardy. Rendered by me.

Happy new year!!

Despot

Nice render, although the sauce bottle does not look like glass to me, more like transparent plastic, the burger looks 'plasticky' as well.

Love the light from the window, is that an emitter plane ?

J

Dylan

The burger bap looks a bit shiny, otherwise I like it.

Jeff Hayden

I love out of the ordinary renderings like this one. Great job Chad. Happy new year my friend.

Chad Holton

Thanks for the critiques guys!
@J - yes, it's an emitter and gave it a little more color this round and hopefully less plasticky looking containers n buns as well.  ;)

Thanks, Jeff - Hope you and your family had a great holiday!

Here's another go at it:

feher

Happy New Year Chad,
Love the image. I feel you could really push this one more. A few things that pop out at me is the glass all looks too thick. Minus the Shake glass. The Mustard bottle looks off to me. I don't know if its the color or the specular.
The table, window ledge, wallet all have the same specular(Shine). What is really going to make this image pop is making sure everything has a different roughness to it. You need to really play the dull materials on the shiny....etc.
Is the menu inside the table ?
Tim

Chad Holton

Despot

There's more than one person giving feedback...

Despot

My bad Chad... didn't see your previous posts... I really need to get either an eye or brain transplant !!

J

Despot

The bun looks perfect now and the sauce glass looks much better.

Guess what ? I didn't even see the dead fly on the first image, even though the topic title is a dead giveaway, only spotted it in the second.

What a complete and utter doofus I am...

J

Despot

p.s. please don't ban me from the forum  :'(

guest84672

Same here ... it was cut off due to the width of my browser ... I see it now - quite excellent.

evilmaul

I noticed the dead fly right away yesterday and I thought it was funny and a nice addition to the image :)
its well done, although I would be curious to see more tests under different lighting..and maybe add some noise and or vignetting look to the final pic. Nice job tho!!
M

Chad Holton

No worries, J! Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Changed some things up a bit including the HDR (using the kitchen from the HS days). Kinda like the first HDR a little better (conf. room), makes the burger look more tasty. Here's what I ended up with and also a clay version: