Dominic Qwek's Art Dump

Started by DominicQwek, January 01, 2013, 04:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

Fantastic as always. Did you posterize the Alien Pilot's arms/hands in photoshop? Very cool effect

Dreamsmith

Dammit! So awesome! You create such a creepy mood. And all the color is saturated inside the creepy worm snacks. Yum Yum. If I had those I would probably have a taste too. If I had a spiky moth mouth and fish gills and a fin and nothing else to do. Normal day all around, just polishing my skull and taking care of business. Super size mastoid process.

J

DominicQwek

Thanks everyone. :)

Rex, yeah I believe it was the posterize filter added on a glass material rendered in keyshot. Thanks!

feher

MAN  your work is so freakin impressive ! Another homerun in my book. I can in my mine feel the textures, materials, skin in your images not just see them. I hope that made sense.
It's a keeper in my book.
Tim

DominicQwek

feher- thank you so much!

Here's the latest tutorial. Biomech style inspired by H.R. Giger. Rendered the following passes in KS5, skin, dusty steel, black chrome, and a nice AO pass using gamma tweaks :)

TpwUK

You give Giger a mighty fine tribute Dominic :)

Martin

DominicQwek

Been way too long since I updated this thread. Still using Keyshot for all my creature work. Here are some of the newer ones.

These two were done at a workshop for CDW school in Adelaide. Skin shader anyone? :)

DominicQwek

Here are a couple of illustration technique exploration. I used Keyshot's toon shader to create subtle line strokes and rendered passes to comp in photoshop. After which I recreated some brush strokes in photoshop.

DominicQwek

Some of you may know I produce my own resin kits. Here are pre-vis shots done in Keyshot to give a good idea of how the 3d print would look like. I do this for all my 3d printed pieces now. Having a proper camera along with realistic lighting and materials is one of the ways I use to identify if the details will  hold up for print.

DominicQwek

Not sure if I posted these before but seeing as my previous image links do not work now, I'll post them again.

I created a series of gumroad tutorials on creature concepting and how I use zbrush and keyshot to create realistic creature concepts. These are some of them. You can find my gumroad tutorials at gumroad.com/dominicqwek

DominicQwek

A series of alien skull designs.  Rendered with stone materials in Keyshot. The HDR lighting editor was used to create custom lighting for each of these skull.s

TpwUK

Seriously good results Dom as always, really like the toon shade and PS work :)

Will Gibbons

Your work is new to me. Absolutely fantastic. Such a treat to see! Thanks for sharing!

guest86567

These are some fascinating creature designs with a very nice subtle hint of H.R. Giger. Keep the monsters comin'!

TyRuben

Wonderful work.

Thank you for sharing.