Author Topic: Dominic Qwek's Art Dump  (Read 65625 times)

Offline Rex

Re: Dominic Qwek's Art Dump
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2014, 12:32:32 pm »
Fantastic as always. Did you posterize the Alien Pilot's arms/hands in photoshop? Very cool effect

Offline Dreamsmith

« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2014, 11:53:42 am »
Dammit! So awesome! You create such a creepy mood. And all the color is saturated inside the creepy worm snacks. Yum Yum. If I had those I would probably have a taste too. If I had a spiky moth mouth and fish gills and a fin and nothing else to do. Normal day all around, just polishing my skull and taking care of business. Super size mastoid process.

J

Offline DominicQwek

« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2014, 09:35:49 am »
Thanks everyone. :)

Rex, yeah I believe it was the posterize filter added on a glass material rendered in keyshot. Thanks!

Offline feher

« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2014, 02:31:22 pm »
MAN  your work is so freakin impressive ! Another homerun in my book. I can in my mine feel the textures, materials, skin in your images not just see them. I hope that made sense.
It's a keeper in my book.
Tim

Offline DominicQwek

« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2014, 02:01:31 pm »
feher- thank you so much!

Here's the latest tutorial. Biomech style inspired by H.R. Giger. Rendered the following passes in KS5, skin, dusty steel, black chrome, and a nice AO pass using gamma tweaks :)

Offline TpwUK

« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2014, 05:48:13 pm »
You give Giger a mighty fine tribute Dominic :)

Martin

Offline DominicQwek

« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2015, 10:44:23 pm »
Been way too long since I updated this thread. Still using Keyshot for all my creature work. Here are some of the newer ones.

These two were done at a workshop for CDW school in Adelaide. Skin shader anyone? :)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:52:51 pm by DominicQwek »

Offline DominicQwek

« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2015, 10:48:47 pm »
Here are a couple of illustration technique exploration. I used Keyshot's toon shader to create subtle line strokes and rendered passes to comp in photoshop. After which I recreated some brush strokes in photoshop.

Offline DominicQwek

« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2015, 10:52:10 pm »
Some of you may know I produce my own resin kits. Here are pre-vis shots done in Keyshot to give a good idea of how the 3d print would look like. I do this for all my 3d printed pieces now. Having a proper camera along with realistic lighting and materials is one of the ways I use to identify if the details will  hold up for print.

Offline DominicQwek

« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2015, 10:58:26 pm »
Not sure if I posted these before but seeing as my previous image links do not work now, I'll post them again.

I created a series of gumroad tutorials on creature concepting and how I use zbrush and keyshot to create realistic creature concepts. These are some of them. You can find my gumroad tutorials at gumroad.com/dominicqwek

Offline DominicQwek

« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2015, 11:05:34 pm »
A series of alien skull designs.  Rendered with stone materials in Keyshot. The HDR lighting editor was used to create custom lighting for each of these skull.s

Offline TpwUK

« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2015, 06:14:01 am »
Seriously good results Dom as always, really like the toon shade and PS work :)

Offline Will Gibbons

« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2015, 06:22:30 pm »
Your work is new to me. Absolutely fantastic. Such a treat to see! Thanks for sharing!

guest86567

« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2016, 09:47:55 am »
These are some fascinating creature designs with a very nice subtle hint of H.R. Giger. Keep the monsters comin'!

Offline TyRuben

« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2016, 09:26:53 am »
Wonderful work.

Thank you for sharing.