alpha channel without shadow included

Started by ourbeard, January 03, 2013, 02:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ourbeard

Can you make an option for a stand alone alpha channel that is not including the shadow. It will save a lot work for us to crop the subject out and keep the shadow separated. For most rendering we done, we would like to modify the subject or shadow alone. To have an alpha channel would help a lot and save us the time to render a black subject for selection. I think a lot user would have similar issue if they are moving from other rendering program to keyshot.

Thanks a lot!

guest84672

You can turn of the self as well as the ground shadow. It will then not show up in the final rendering.

ourbeard

yes. I can, But I have to render it twice now to get an rendering with the shadow and one without just for alpha. It will be a much convenient function to have the alpha as a separated channel.

bocko

+1
I agree with ourbeard. I like my shadows to be on a separate PS layer, which I usually set to 'multiply' mode for the more realistic look in later compositing. It can be done by rendering scene twice (with and without shadows), but it would be much easier to have a separate alpha channel for the object alone...