Main Menu

Sneaker WIP

Started by Pepster3D, January 07, 2013, 10:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepster3D

Hi everyone-
I've been playing around with this sneaker model that was offered on grabcad (by Rex Roberts of Luxion, and the model is from Alfredo Gallozzi).  This image is still a work in progress.  I am trying to get more of a rubber texture on the green rubber but am having a difficult time.  I tried adding roughness to the material, and also tried different bump maps but am not happy.  Any suggestions on this?  All crits are welcome please!  I look forward to your comments (good and bad).  Thanks!

guest84672

Very nice. What material are you using for the mid-sole?

Pepster3D

I am using the Hard Shiny Plastic and I was playing around with the settings a little bit. What base material would you recommend I start off with?  Thanks.

DriesV

Cool color scheme!
I think a subtle translucent material would look really good on this shot.

I would try a darker, desaturated blueish green for the diffuse color and a bright, highly satured yellowish green for the subsurface color.
Just my 2 cents.  ;D

Dries

guest84672

Yup - that would have been my recommendation as well. The translucent material allow you to obtain a nice, soft rubbery look.

Pepster3D

thanks guys, I'll give that a try  ;D

guest84672

The plastics under soft touch could also give some good results, but I'd go with translucent first

DriesV

Something I just tried.
Maybe this is (sort of) what you're after?
KeyShot material file is included.

Dries

PhilippeV8

Personaly, I'm more concerned about the part where the KS-logo is on.  From all other materials on the sneaker, I can get a sence of what they are, and what they feel like, just by looking at them.  The material with the KS-logo .. i don't know.  Compared to the rest, it looks "flat" ... maybe add a soft-touch-bump with a hint of gloss to it ?  Just an idea.  Else maybe make the KS-logo look more silk-screen-painted.

guest84672

Looks very good - I like the part where the logo is placed. Material appears to be a pretty hard plastic with a tiny bit of roughness. Very nice.

Pepster3D

Good feedback everyone on the various issues.  I'll try some things out when I get back to playing around with it-in other words when I'm not actually working on real projects  ;).  DriesV-that looks cool. Thanks   ;D