Main Menu

Gus Fring

Started by zmitrij, January 08, 2013, 09:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zmitrij

Here's my latest work rendered in keyshot. Breaking Bad's Gustavo Fring.

Pepster3D

Gus!!!!!  Very cool!  Breaking Bad is so kick a**  8)

DriesV

OMG, what a coincidence!
On the Belgian airing of Breaking Bad, Gus was introduced yesterday night (season 2, episode 11).

You really captured the freezing coldness of this character very well!

Dries

zmitrij

Thank you so much, really means a lot!

Here's the update on spec maps. Since keyshot sadly doesn't have a spec map slot in the translucent skin material I've had to do 3 passes of different spec settings and make a comp in photoshop. 1st pass was overall spec intensity higher then lower and ultra high for the mouth and I've comped everything in ps.

Josh3D

Looks great! Personally, I like Giancarlo Esposito best in the new Revolution series. Oh, in reference to specular maps, and you may like what's coming to KeyShot 4 ;)

Dylan

That's great work. I liked Gus in Breaking Bad, pity they killed him off. With Mike also killed off it just wont be the same.

PhilippeV8

whoop whoop ... spoiler allert ... whoop whoop :p

zmitrij

Thank you Josh, both for your kind comment and for the info! Great news!

Thanks dillster! Yeah shame

:) Whoop

vknai

Hey, I'm no regular at this forum but I just discovered something that is likely to be of interest of the original poster.

In this HuffingtonPost.com article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/09/breaking-bad-cast-photos_n_3709020.html) about Breaking Bad characters off screen, go to picture number 29 in the slideshow and see what picture they used as an example of Gus Fring.

Good job on the render I suppose, although you should probably get in touch with them to say something about their use of a rendering or even possibly claim something from them for using your picture.

Sorry to post in such an old topic, but hopefully it's understandable.  :)

Josh3D

Ha! Nice. Not beyond HuffPo not to give attribution though.

vknai

I honestly just don't think they know.

kjoiner

Excellent work!  When I clicked on the link, I was a little afraid you might show Gus at the end of season 4.   :)

I'm going to show this to some of my friends who have become "hooked" on Breaking Bad.  They will be amazed at what Keyshot can do.

Kyle

edwardo

I would take HuffPo using your image as a great compliment. They obviously think its a photograph! Great modelling, great rendering, great subject matter.

And where do I start on breaking bad? I just spent the last month watching season 1 through 4 back to back! About to start season 5. Probably the best show ever made - just gets better and better, and dafter and dafter - it's a comedy farce!

Your Gus Fring is top notch! You've captured the cold steely look of badass sociopath perfectly. Would be nice to see a render with more menacing lighting. When you see the end of season4 you may well want to modify your model of Gustavo Fring  ;)

Ed

zmitrij

Wow! A lot has happened while I was on my vacation :) Thanks vknai for the headsup! It really is a compliment, I guess I should put a signature on my works though :) Once again thank you all, and perhaps I will update him at one point, but I usually don't tend to upgrade my models but rather start anew, we'll see. Cheers!

jhiker

Quote from: dillster on January 09, 2013, 08:03:15 AM
That's great work. I liked Gus in Breaking Bad, pity they killed him off. With Mike also killed off it just wont be the same.

Did you have to do that - I'm only on season three...   ::)