Porsche 550A 1957 James Dean Dream

Started by tsunami, January 12, 2013, 03:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

..James Dean car Dream..1957 cabrio special version

Rabe

Gorgeous... What kind of light setup are you using?  Seems like maybe some of the highlights ought to follow the contours of the curves a bit more smoothly, but would depend on the lighting I suppose... I am jealous of how realistic you manage to get these things...

tsunami

Quote from: Inkling on January 14, 2013, 05:36:32 PM
Gorgeous... What kind of light setup are you using?  Seems like maybe some of the highlights ought to follow the contours of the curves a bit more smoothly, but would depend on the lighting I suppose... I am jealous of how realistic you manage to get these things...
Thanks Inkling, well i used hdri scene for lighting scenes ;-)....
And thanks for your comment and suggestions

regards

Esteban Rosas

love the rims aspect! amazing realistic

tsunami

Esben Oxholm

Nice! I really like how the surface of the car isn't perfect and makes the reflections wave a bit... like in real life. Awesome.

tsunami

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on May 23, 2013, 11:48:52 AM
Nice! I really like how the surface of the car isn't perfect and makes the reflections wave a bit... like in real life. Awesome.
Thanks a lot! yes...when i can i always try to get reality on my works..but not always it's happens ;)
However i'm working in a new shot about this porsche..and u will see soon..
regards
Aldo

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: tsunami on May 23, 2013, 03:12:50 PM
Thanks a lot! yes...when i can i always try to get reality on my works..but not always it's happens ;)
regards
Aldo

Did you by the way create the bulgy surface in your CAD-program or is it by a bumpmap or something created directly in KS?

tsunami

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on May 24, 2013, 02:17:49 AM
regards
Aldo

Did you by the way create the bulgy surface in your CAD-program or is it by a bumpmap or something created directly in KS?
Nope, is it only a bump map with specular and opacity.. i created it before start render..with some adjustments..

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: tsunami on May 24, 2013, 04:27:56 AM
regards
Aldo

Nope, is it only a bump map with specular and opacity.. i created it before start render..with some adjustments..

Cool. Could you share some information about your bump and opacity map? I'm trying to create the same effect on a plastic surface, but just can't get it right.

tsunami

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on May 24, 2013, 05:20:46 AM
Quote from: tsunami on May 24, 2013, 04:27:56 AM
regards
Aldo

Cool. Could you share some information about your bump and opacity map? I'm trying to create the same effect on a plastic surface, but just can't get it right.
Hi sure,
i started using images in attachment, and melt them ,(i tried many time, untill i found a melt way to use on my model), so i got my bump.
After that i created opacity and specular using Ps, and you can found a good keyshot tutorial for that at:
http://keyshot.com/textures-in-keyshot-creating-bump-color-specular-and-opacity-maps-really-fast/2012/
take a look on it, and let me know..but i don't know if with plastic material, the result will be the same.U must try on it..
Let me know..
Aldo

edwardo

This is so nice man. Its as close to realism as iv seen. Proper hand-beaten panels, rivets, dinks, dents, rust on the rims, and even gravel stuck to the underside of the front tyres!! Beautiful modelling, appreciate it!