LEGO Space Police II Solar Snooper

Started by zpaolo, January 14, 2013, 03:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zpaolo

Another LEGO rendering with Keyshot, the Solar Snooper is a great set, required some modeling for new parts like the transparent corners and smaller plastic wheels, but it was a breeze thanks to Creo Parametric. Rendering of a simple scene to show the model with subtle depth of field, which I really love :)

Paolo

DriesV

Major childhood nostalgia flashback!

Looks great.
Personally, I would lower the brightness of the green a bit. (I think the transparant green is darker on the real thing?)
And may I suggest to add some "wear and tear" scratch maps to the wheels, and windows? It could give the set a lovely heavily used appearance. I's a set from 1992, so after 20 years of space patrol it should look worn!  :D

Dries

guest84672

Love the transparent plastic.

And yes - not that I'm partial to any particular CAD software, but filleting in CREO (formerly known as Pro/E) is very powerful. It always has been.

zpaolo

Quote from: Thomas Teger on January 14, 2013, 05:54:51 AM
Love the transparent plastic.

The key for a good model today is to "model" everything, fillets, fine details... then let Keyshot do the work ;D

And yes - not that I'm partial to any particular CAD software, but filleting in CREO (formerly known as Pro/E) is very powerful. It always has been.

The large plastic wheels were originally modeled in Creo as the "giant" one, which has a completely different size, but it was surprisingly easy to rescale it to the "medium" size, of course you need to plan your model from the beginning to obtain the right flexibility. I think this is true for almost every good CAD today, but being trained in Pro/E I find it extremely easy to work with :)

Paolo

guest84672

The key for a good model today is to "model" everything, fillets, fine details... then let Keyshot do the work ;D

That is indeed true. Don't be afraid of number of polygons - KeyShot can handle it.

PhilippeV8

Looks like Thomas has the quote tags set up wrong haha  ;)

Rabe

feher

Nice work !
Great materials.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim