Keyshot 2 Materials Linked

Started by Robb63, June 25, 2010, 05:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

I'm really enjoying being able to import existing .bip files into a scene but am having a few issues.

I am doing some packaging renderings and I have set up two .bip files each with one fully detailed product in a clear clamshell type package. The clamshells have several decals on them and look great (couldn't have done that in KS1.
I need to combine the two separate files into one showing the packages next to each other for size referance. When I import the second file some of the materials switch and link to materials in the original bip so that I can't change them without changing the materials on the first package in the scene (I hope that makes sense?)
I've "unlinked material", and "unlinked part" but they are still tied together. Any ideas?

guest84672

There are still some issues with materials being linked. Try and select all parts of the second object in the tree, then right click and select "unlink part".

This should do the trick.

Thomas

Robb63

Didn't work  :( I unlinked the mart and material in the tree and still the same result. I ended up rendering it two ways, and Photoshopping together later.
Hopefully this gets resolved in later revs. Thanks for your help anyway

martinkopplow

Even if this topic is quite old, searching the forum for issues with 'unlinking material' revealed it and two more, though no solution proposed appears to fit: I still have the same or at least very similar issue:

After I import a model from Spaceclaim (via Keyshot Plugin or as a .bip file) to KS 3, 4 or 5 all surfaces, that have the same color or material in the source file, no matter which object they belong to, get linked materials in KS, which I do not seem to be able to unlink. I tried different selection methods in the tree, such as proposed in  this thread, to no avail.

Is there a secret I have missed, or an unresolved issue with Keyshot?

Best,
Martin

(Having tried KS5, I am currently back on KS4, because KS5 live rendering does not yet work with Spaceclaim)