Slightly Transparent Matt Rubber - How?

Started by eon_designs, January 29, 2013, 03:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eon_designs

Hello

New to the forum and new to Keyshot (been using Alias to render)

On the whole, Keyshot is fantastic, fast and does a superb job of most materials. However, I am really struggling with Transparent Matt materials - ones to simulate silicone rubber etc.

Looking through the forum people have posted some good examples, however they all seem to be more like jelly mould and have a high amount of reflection. Plastic food containers or worse they look like acrylic.

How can you create a simple matt finish that has a limited degree of transparency? In Alias it was easy - get your material all setup and then just reduce the transparency slider - unfortunately Keyshot does not have this.

Someone please help - Thanks.

Chad Holton

Welcome!
Do you have a sample image of what material you'd like to match? First though, try playing with your specular value.. make it a darker.

eon_designs

Hello

This is the type of material. Matt, dull slightly transparent rubber or silicone type material

Thanks.

KeyShot

Perhaps, this blog story will help?

http://keyshot.com/creating-perfect-frosted-glass-keyshot/2012/

You can reduce the transparency (change the specular transmission color) of the advanced material.

PhilippeV8

Chad Holton

Here's what I ended up with based on your reference pictures. You may want to fine-tune it a bit. It's a variation of PhilippeV8's from here: http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,4801.msg20622.html#msg20622 (BTW - Nice one PhilippeV8 :D )

PhilippeV8

Ah yes ... there it is ! ... I couldn't find it earlyer, was looking for the same topic, but failed and didn't want to spend more time searching.  Thnx !

eon_designs

Wow - thanks

Excellent Forum - the last links worked perfectly.

Thanks. :-)

jhiker

Here's another stab at it..

eon_designs

Wow. Perfect.

Thanks for sharing the material file

Excellent.