Translucent polyamides in KeyShot 4

Started by DriesV, January 30, 2013, 01:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schneich

iam a really huge fan of keyshot, especially because it made it easy for me as a 3d newbie to get great results in a short period of time. iam in design industry since the early 80s mainly graphicdesign, ui and photoshop composing and stuff, i even did software dev. eons ago for kai krause, so i know quite a lot when it comes to betas, updates, et cetera. when i get a software update, after some time i decide for myself if its a "good" update or a bad one. sure keyshot 4 has a lot of totally cool new features, but that gets me nowhere if i cant use my 3d mouse like i could before and if the software crashes about 2 times an hour. so at the moment keyshot4 is quite unusable for me, apart from the fact that if you want to use the new features everything takes x10 as long. also features like the ies light that i really really have waited for eagerly, turned out to be useless for serious stuff because of the hard shadows, i really hope that the next minor update puts keyshot where it was... usability wise... :-)

attached you find the translucency bug, its just a ball with translucent material in startup hdri...

AWHeathcote

DriesV

Quote from: schneich on March 03, 2013, 11:14:29 AM
attached you find the translucency bug, its just a ball with translucent material in startup hdri...

I do get that faceted look too when applying my PA material on the sphere OBJ in the KeyShot resources folder.
However, I don't get it on any other geometry that I create myself.
Maybe there's an issue with the sphere model, when applying specific materials?

Dries

guest84672

You will need to increase the samples for the material.

If there are crashes, then please report them to support@luxion.com.