Main Menu

Better *.3DM support

Started by TpwUK, February 01, 2013, 09:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

I am no expert on file formats or their construction, but MoI 3DM files do not import directly to Keyshot. I had a word with Michael Gibson who tells me it's because MoI does not do render meshes like Rhino does. It's not a really big issue as I can export STEP and IGES with no hassle from MoI and import these into Keyshot, it would just be nice to directly save in a format that could be used by Keyshot ... Is this possible ?

Martin Spencer-Ford

guest84672

It is certainly possible. It comes down to customer demand in order to move it up in the list of priorities.

DMerz III

Add me to the list please =)

Actually what I am looking for is an export out of Moi3D such as OBJ or FBX which already creates the polygonal mesh (per my  quality settings in the Moi3D exporter ). However when I import into Keyshot, I lose my part names =( . I'm a bit new to modeling, so I'm still experimenting with exporting and importing options, but I do hope to find a way to retain the part names in KS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TpwUK

Quote from: dmerziii on October 04, 2016, 08:38:01 AM
Add me to the list please =)

Actually what I am looking for is an export out of Moi3D such as OBJ or FBX which already creates the polygonal mesh (per my  quality settings in the Moi3D exporter ). However when I import into Keyshot, I lose my part names =( . I'm a bit new to modeling, so I'm still experimenting with exporting and importing options, but I do hope to find a way to retain the part names in KS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
When modelling with MoI3D to export as OBJ, use the Styles for your Part-names and Colour, then they will import as expected with names intact.

Martin

DMerz III

Arian Shamil