Loading problem of 3dm file in KeyShot

Started by az_030, February 04, 2013, 05:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

az_030

Hi,

I'm working with KeyShot 3.3, 64 bit for a couple of days. Loading .3dm files worked so far. Since today I only see a black window in KeyShot (KS), when I import the construction.
In Rhino the according object have been shaded and meshed.

When I click in the black window in KS the different parts of the model are highlighted and the layers are listed correctly in the scene tree.
In the library I see the material folder but it doesn't contain any material. The same counts for the environment folder.
In the realtime window the material of the imported rhino model is black.

Does anyone have suggestions how to get KS running again? Thx for feedback.

PhilippeV8

Did something change or delete your default HDRI file ?  Seems like "the lights are off".

az_030

PhilippeV8

Seems to me your KS doesn't find the correct folder where the materials are stored and dito for the environements .. thus it doesn't load any environement, which makes for no light in your scene.  Are the folders still OK in your preferences panel ?  And can you check if the folders it refers to are not empty ?

If that isn't the problem, I'll let the KS-team-guys solve this  ;)

az_030

In the edit-menu I opened options which shows me the panel with all paths for texture, background images, lights,...
When clicking on the source folder of each path it's empty which is strange because I haven't modified anything.

How can I best restore the programme without having to uninstall it?

guest84672

Make sure you have write permissions to the KeyShot resources folders.

You can set the correct paths under preferences.

az_030

Problem solved. The source files were located on a server. Due to connection problems with this server, KS could not find the paths to the resources folders.

PhilippeV8

There you go  ;D

It's better with the lights on  8)