Main Menu

Render Q

Started by PhilippeV8, February 13, 2013, 11:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Yesterday I was rendering a Q of 4 files (set to 5h each).

It was rendering the first image at 97%, when someone came up to me and asked if I could add another render which they'd need first.  So I waited for 99% and hit "stop the render Q" ... bad mistake.  I expected it to close the render window and SAVE the render it was working on .. which it didn't.  So I had to re-start all 4 renders over night.

What I mean to ask is that I'd like very very much for this proces to be made more clear and more bullet proof.  Add a popup window "Do you want to save or discard the current processing render" .. or "Are you sure you want to discard the current render" .. "Do you want to keep the current processing render in the Q".
The latter for being when you hit stop when a new render has already started and at 0-10%.

My idea was that if I stop the render Q, I'm not saying I want to stop the current render.  Maybe it should work like that.  I dunno, but it should be much more clear.  Thnx !

DriesV

+1

I have steered away from using the queue for time-critical work, for this very reason.
I too find that the behavior is sometimes unpredictable. At least in KS3, I haven't dabbled that much with queue rendering in KS4 beta.

Dries

Ruckus

+1
I submitted a list of suggestions for improving the usability of the NR queue to the KS guys about a year ago.  Some of which I thought would be much easier to implement than others.  I'm hoping to see at least some of those improvments rolled out with KS 4.