Main Menu

keyshot 4

Started by schneich, February 15, 2013, 09:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schneich

hi,

thanks for releasing a marvelous update to an already great great software :-)

iam running keyshot on a retina macbook with thunderbolt display.

iam getting about the same speed as in version 3, about 45 frames with the thunderbolt, around 50 with just the retina display
iam running os x 10.8.2 with 8 gb ram

here comes my buglist so far :-) :

- iam getting a lot of crashes when i try to load scenes, especially when i have big fat heavy scenes already loaded beforehand.

- i cant setup my space navigator like i had in version 3, with the "roll" disabled in a way that the object turns on its own axis...

- i get really weird rectangular artifacts in the translucent material when i use hdri and physical lighting

maybe more to come....

the space navigator thing bothers me most.... ;-)

cheers

t.

p.s. does keyshot 4 now support hdr light studio ??????

guest84672

As far as the scenes go - is this something you can share. We would have to take a look.

Space navigator - I am not 100% sure I understand. We made a change so it will always rotate around the vertical y axis.

Increase the samples in the translucent material to 50 or higher (under advanced).

HDR Light Studio is not supported on the Mac, only on PC.

schneich

hi,

the spacenavigator used to turn around the vertical axis of the scene, not of the camera, meaning
that the "twist" and "inclination" values can be kept static while while spinning which is kind of important, also i found out
that keyshot doesnt semm to keep the "3d mouse sensitivity speed" value, on restart they are back to 0....

cheers

torsten

p.s. i am a liitle disappointed because the hdr light studio folks told me that there most likely will be support for the mac version on keyshot 4...
for me realtime cooperation between light studio and keyshot would be really important, and i really try to avoid a windows machine... :-(

schneich

here are some screenshots of various crash situations, i just randomly try to load scenes that came with keyshot 4.
it seems to crash every other time.

i tried to work with those ies lights, but they seem to produce only a hard shadow, which is quite useless for most things. i read
that the ies light can contain physical information which enables it to cast the correct shadow, if so do you know where to get them ??

cheers

t.

schneich

here is a screenshot of the translucency problem...
i dialed the samples to maximum, and yet if the color is too light there are artifacts...

cheers

t.

Gavrik

First image
Area Light Diffuse Visible in reflection Off

Second image
Area Light Diffuse Visible in reflection On

Third image
My photo

Is it possible to make spiral visible like on the second image, but without Visible in reflection like on the first image?

guest84672

@Schneich - can you please report these issues to support@luxion.com?

guest84672

@Gavrik - we will look into it.