Floating Pro license

Started by eric, February 17, 2013, 10:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric

We have 4 workstations with KS3 installed and one workstation with KS3 Pro license with animation.
I'm thinking of upgrading the Pro license to a floating KS4 Pro license with animation so all our users can use it to render their scenes in HR and make an animation now and then.

It will mean that on one workstation we will work with both a NL and a floating license. will this work?
How does this go in practice? Will we get problems with the NL license once the Floating license has been released?

Is there any information available on how the floating licensing works?

guest84672

Hi Eric,

You can run both the NL and FL license in parallel on the same machine. Our floating license is using FLEXlm - now called FlexNet Publisher. This requires the licensing server to run on a separate PC or Mac, and the client machines to be able to access this machine.

Please contact sales@luxion.com for more information.

eric

So I have upgraded to a floating KS 4 PRO license.

I also have upgraded one of the normal KS licenses to KS4.

1) when I deactivated the nl license to transfer it to an other machine, every time I start KS4 floating it also tells me that the license was deactivated on this machine, and I can't start KS.
So I am not able to run KS4 floating as well.

I uninstalled KS4 and KS4 floating and reinstalled just the floating version. Still same issue.

2) the export plug in for SW starts up KS4 floating all the time. (even though a NL KS4 license is also available)
so when a floating license is not available it nags about what the name of the license server is.

How can I point the SW plug in by default to the NL license that is allready on the machine?

We want to make the scene setup in normal KS and only switch to PRO for rendering HR or use render queue or animation, or the other PRO features.

guest84672

Hi Eric -

We will look into 1.

@2 - please make sure to install the floating version FIRST and then the NL version. The plugin looks at the last entry in the registry.

Brandon Davis

Eric,

Go ahead and uninstall KeyShot from the machine that is giving you the deactivate error for floating, also delete the resources folder for KeyShot.
Windows
(C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\KeyShot)

Mac OS X
(/Library/Application Support/KeyShot)

Go ahead and reinstall the Floating. It should now work. This is a known issue - will be fixed in next update to v4