Interior Design and Lighting in KS4

Started by rkulshrestha, February 18, 2013, 08:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkulshrestha

Hi,

Can someone let me know how good the physical lights are for interior design/architecture interiors.

Thanks
Shivani

guest84672

rkulshrestha

I plan to buy the educational license. Will it support my Win64 bit  PC and Win32 bit laptop?

Thanks
Shivani

guest84672

Yes - you can move the license between the 2 computers.

seblezinzin

Yes, I tried keyshot 4 and the new light materials are wonderful.
We have an excellent lighting effect without waiting a long time.

But, I met one problem.
The power of lighting depends of the scene scale.
For example: I made renderings inside boat, but I had scale problem with my model, and so my model is very little.

And, In Keyshot, I put 10W lighting material but it was very very too overexpose.
For a correct lighting I change my settings into 1W.

guest84672

This is how it is in real life. If you need to change the units, you can do so under the EDIT menu.

rkulshrestha

The CLICK you here is the click of my heels 2 ft up in the air  :D!The lights are great. I haven't figured out, how, in an interior, you can make a ceiling bulb glow, but it must be in there. Applying the point light to a bulb surface doesnt seem to work. Like you want a tubelight to glow separately. Any hints? But atleast I can brighten up the interiors.

Shivani

guest84672

What do you mean by it doesn't seem to work? Remember that lights are dependent on size so you may either have to crank up the intensity, or change the model units in the EDIT menu.

maymay

Is the global illumination option gone now? I'm having a hard time replicating the effect that I was able to achieve in KS3. I work for a lighting company and our products are LED. Turning 80 or 160 LEDs into point lights is extremely slow and doesn't give desirable effects.

KeyShot

You can always use the good old emissive material if you want to illuminate something like KS3.

rkulshrestha

I am not able to figure out how to use the lights. I used a 15W point light just to get some general lighting. The SU model is fine, but the backwall and the roof disappear in KS4.

Shivani

guest84672

You apply the light materials to the ceiling? Or is the surface missing upon import?

maymay

Quote from: KeyShot on February 22, 2013, 09:34:36 AM
You can always use the good old emissive material if you want to illuminate something like KS3.

Applying emissive doesn't do global illumination though. It looks lit, but it doesn't really throw light to surrounding objects. It's like having global illumination option in KS3 turned off, but I can't find anywhere to turn it on in 4.

guest84672

Same place - settings > global illumination.

rkulshrestha

Quote from: Thomas Teger on February 22, 2013, 10:58:47 AM
You apply the light materials to the ceiling? Or is the surface missing upon import?

The ceiling imports, no problem. The problem arises when I apply the point light to the ceiling.