Main Menu

Bushido Blade Katana

Started by TpwUK, February 18, 2013, 09:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

One of my design buddies on GrabCAD, Hans de Ridder, came up with this model over the weekend, so I decided to give it a go with KeyShot to see if i could come up with a Bushido blade using nothing other than what's provided in KS, what do you guys think ?

Martin Spencer-Ford

Josh3D

Not too bad! Lots of materials here though. May try using one wood material for all as it would give the scene and objects a more cohesive feel.

TpwUK

Yeah i tried doing that too, but the wood patterns don't seem to marry up very well and the furniture then looks too heavy in the scene, as if it's central to the attention rather than the sword, I will try again and see what i can achieve

Martin

TpwUK

Updated version, tweaked the materials on the handle and the wood type used ... I think it's looking better, less messy, as always, what do you guys think ?

Martin

Mikle

Seems like the thing holding the Katana is hovering over the Table.

PhilippeV8

Quote from: Mikle on February 20, 2013, 04:31:10 AM
Seems like the thing holding the Katana is hovering over the Table.

Light as a feather, stiff as a board  ;) :o :-X

TpwUK

@Mikie, yes it is hovering over the table. I don't have anything that will edit the SW file and because it's multiple faces in KS as with the sword, KS wont let me move them as multiply selected objects so I tried to get the angle to look as if the side supports went through the base to act as legs. The idea was just to try and reproduce a Bushido blade effect.

Martin

PhilippeV8

Can't you duplicate the entire scene in KS, then in 1 delete all that's floating and in the other delete all that's not.  After that you can move either one around separately.

TpwUK

I dont know, I have not tried that way, let me just check I understand you rightly ...

Open scene file, select the sword and the stand, copy duplicate them and then delete the original one, the duplicate set can then be moved as a block ?

Martin

TpwUK

Ah ha, selected all the faces that were needed, right click, where is duplicate ... Hmmm not there, but MOVE is, yay - sorted!!

New render coming shortly ...

Martin

TpwUK

Ok ... Thanks for the tip PhilippeV8, New render with a better camera angle now it's not floating on Chi

Martin