Fast way to get rid of noise

Started by EGON, February 19, 2013, 11:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGON

instead of increasing samples. Nik Dfine. Did a great job and way faster than increasing samples.

Despot

Its a good tool Egon - used to use this with Maxwell Render when I couldn't wait 32 days for a render to converge...

evilmaul

hehe thats funny...I prefer the noise...without stuff always looks too CG. Infact I remember asking Henrik if in the 'effects' section he could add a noise filter.

Despot

That's true Evilmaul, some noise does add to realism - but this was when I was using V1 of MW and noise was a real issue.

zpaolo

Well one neat trick is to separate color and luminosity layers in photoshop and apply the noise reduction to the color layer. Human beings usually find color noise more disturbing than luminosity noise, and in that way you can still keep some grain and detail

Dylan

Quote from: evilmaul on February 20, 2013, 07:50:09 AM
hehe thats funny...I prefer the noise...without stuff always looks too CG. Infact I remember asking Henrik if in the 'effects' section he could add a noise filter.

That's even funnier. My Dad is a press photographer and he tells me that in the film days they would have given anything to get rid of noise. Now in the digital age we want to add noise!