More sample scenes to download from the KeyShot website ('best practices')!

Started by DriesV, March 05, 2013, 04:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

Every now and then everyone hits a brick wall. This happens in KeyShot too.
Sometimes you find yourself scratching your head optimizing scene performance, fine-tuning all sort of settings et cetera.

Luxion support and the KeyShot forums go a long way to help us out.
However, I'm missing a (documented) library of KeyShot 'best practices'.
I'd like to see the Scene Download section on the KeyShot website expanded with highly-optimized sample scenes for VERY different rendering situations. In such a way that these scenes could be used as a solid reference for our own scenes and that we could study them.

Par exemple, a set of possible scenes:

• High-end marketing studio image (cfr. cosmetics, fashion...)
  • Integrating product in interior backplate (cfr. furniture, appliances...)
  • Integrating product in exterior backplate (cfr. buildings, vehicles...)
  • Rendering a simple interior scene (cfr. 'IKEA booth' type interior with opened walls & ceiling...)
  • Rendering a complete interior scene (cfr. fully enclosed interior lighted by env. light through windows and interior area lights)

Accompanied by a concise PDF document (explaining goal, process, motivation for scene contents/settings and passing along tips...) and possibly all the files needed for post-production (layered PSDs, reference images...).

Maybe this repository can be fed by highly skilled KeyShot users as well? ???

I would totally dig this! ;D

Dries

br3ttman

+1 :)

I like this idea as well.  In our photostudio at work we've been pulling together product photography inspiration and lighting layout suggestions specifically for product shots.  Still, I'm also signing up for some still life and digital post processing classes in order to develop a deeper understanding into the why's and how's of of good shots/scenes.  Maybe forum members could share their book recommendations or links on this subject as well.

edwardo

+1 !!!!

Will come back and comment more on this thread when I have more time.