Main Menu

Another Smart Car

Started by EGON, March 25, 2013, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGON

I shot this early morning on Sunday morning and just dropped the car in.

Mark_84

I would definitely remove that flare on the front hood..I came across that you 'use' this technique quite often..IMHO here it disturbs.

The rest is absolutely clean and perfect.

P.S: I hate photshop flares  :D

PhilippeV8

I think you dropped good  8)

Angelo

abedsabeh

Nice!

A simple question :) Egon, why the windshield is totally black?

tsunami

Quote from: abedsabeh on March 26, 2013, 08:38:16 AM
Nice!

A simple question :) Egon, why the windshield is totally black?
good question...;-)

EGON

The windshield is black because I was to lazy to add highlights. I added the LF to give the illusion of a hard light.

zpaolo

Talking about post processing, if you want to give the idea of a very strong light on a surface, instead of a lens flare use some light bleeding/glow effect: duplicate the layer, blur it a lot and apply it as hard light, but only around the area otherwise it will soften all your scene.

PhilippeV8

zpaolo  > can you show us an example of that ?

zpaolo

Just a quick try with the original image, the right side is processed, all the picture so it looks like a very strong "flou" effect, but look at the spoiler on the back of the car, the white color bleeds on the dark background

Paolo

DriesV

I attached a zip with my typical approach to manually adding bloom to my images.
It works best with 32bit KS output.

Dries

PhilippeV8

That is very interesting  :D

Thnx !

zpaolo

Quote from: DriesV on March 27, 2013, 05:03:56 AM
I attached a zip with my typical approach to manually adding bloom to my images.
It works best with 32bit KS output.

It's more or less what I do, and yes working with 32 bit helps a lot, especially because the blur works differently on a 32 bit image

Ed

Thanks for sharing your techniques guys - the bloom / light bleed post effect is subtle, but it really helps make the object look integrated into the scene.  I've tried the KS bloom option many times, but it doesn't work the way I would like.

I think we need a "Post Processing" forum category just for this type of discussion.

Ed

PhilippeV8