Overall Progress when importing?

Started by toffmon, March 26, 2013, 08:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toffmon

Hello there!

just a quick question, and maybe its possible, but is there a way to have an overall progress bar showing when importing a mesh/model from somewhere?

i am routinely left with the question, how long will it take to finish the import? worth it to leave it going for the night? if it finished the import and goes into live rendering, i come back in the morning and find 24 gigs of memory filled to the brink and cant do nothing anymore :/

so yeah, a progress bar for the whole model or any estimate, would be awesome i think... or point me where to find it :P

Morten Kristensen

Hello!

Due to the streaming nature of loading the files it is, unfortunately, not possible to show an overall progress. The progress updates you see are for the individual groups. It is also not possible to estimate the time it takes to finish either because the importer doesn't "know" when it's done before it hits the end of the stream.

Usually you can gauge it roughly by its size and complexity. Do you do your own projects? Then it'd be easier to know as well. :)

An overall progress is something we all want, but we can't have it.