A few of our machines

Started by 3D Off the Page, March 27, 2013, 08:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3D Off the Page

Here are a few of our machines.  We build stainless steel food processing equipment.

I've only been working with KS for about a month and love how easy it is to render our SolidWorks models.

guest84672

Great. You may want to adjust the lighting in the second image. Try to avoid the hotspots your are getting. Swap out the HDRI, or at least adjust the height in the environment map to "pull down the light shining from the top.

edwardo

mmm, makes my mouth water seeing that food processing equipment. I could really go a horse burger right about now.

TpwUK

Now now Edunable you're not looking at Findus, or Tesco, or ASDA or even LIDl/Aldi or IKEA, however if you have children at school you may be in luck

Martin

Buster2002

good job !
what is the make of the machine?
what company do you work for looks European.
are the models made in solidworks?
thanks,
LT

3D Off the Page

I work for a company in the US. 

The top picture takes 40# blocks of cheese in one end and discharges shredded cheese at the other.

All of our 3D modeling is done in SolidWorks.

Despot

Wow, so basically an industrial cheese grater ?

Nice renderings

J

3D Off the Page

Exactly!!  We have a few shredded lines that will do 25,000#'s of shredded cheese in one hour.

Some of our other equipment will take 640# blocks of cheese in one end of the machine and discharge exact weight cheese blocks that you would buy in the store.  Using vision and weight systems to optimize the cuts as well as using ultrasonic knives to do the cutting.

guest84672

ambarbandi

wao... thats really fantastic

edwardo

These are great renders by anyones measures, but I bet in the world of industrial machinery/production line type stuff, these blow people away!?

nice work

Ed

3D Off the Page

Our customers are amazed when our sales people show them what is rendered in KS.  Especially when I do a VR!!

I've done quite a bit of animating in 3ds max but could never get the materials/lighting quite right (not to say that my KS skills are the best yet).  I still do more complex animations in 3ds and I'm hoping for a better import/export process between the two programs.  We have been doing some initial r&d work for a large veggie company using ultrasonic knives to cut lettuce for the prepackaged bags.  So in 3ds I would animate the heads being cut and using particle spray it would show the cut lettuce  coming out of the bottom of the machine.  The problem with that process is that the particle system feature wouldn't export into the obj or fbx file.  So I was unable to render in KS.

We also make the machines that cut all of the bread at Starbucks.  When we were doing the final testing we were required by the customer to run for an hour straight cutting 16 loaves every 25-30 seconds!!

guest84672

Thanks for sharing. We will look at some tighter integration further down the road.