Vignetting only in realtime mode ?!

Started by Despot, April 02, 2013, 08:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

I've just realised the Vignetting option only works in realtime mode.... grrr !!

I know its a GPU feature, but I would have thought it wouldn't be too much hassle to include it as part of the render process

I also know it can be done in post, but it's a chore doing it that way

J

jhiker

It will render a scene with vignetting. I use it all the time in 'Maximum Time' mode.
While it's rendering it looks like it's not including the vignetting effect but once it gets to 100% it puts the vignetting on before it saves the render.

DriesV

Quote from: jhiker on April 02, 2013, 09:09:30 AM
It will render a scene with vignetting. I use it all the time in 'Maximum Time' mode.
While it's rendering it looks like it's not including the vignetting effect but once it gets to 100% it puts the vignetting on before it saves the render.
Yup, it's applied as a post process when the render finishes (it's visible immediately while rendering with advanced settings).
However, I don't think that vignets in KS undergo any dithering before they are smacked on images. Even when rendering in 32 bit formats, I can often see banding in the vignets in Photoshop while postprocessing images. I guess KS vignets are 8 bit B/W?

I think it would be nice if there were an option to add dithering to vignets in KS or that the vignets would have more depth (to prevent banding)...

Dries

Despot

Thanks guys - you are correct...  :D

It was my mistake, sorry

J