3DS Max animation render in KeyShot

Started by 3D Off the Page, April 03, 2013, 08:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3D Off the Page

Would it be possible to create an animation from 3ds max then export the file to ks for rendering?  Typically my animations are 300-500 frames long.  One possibility would be for the plugin to save each key in my animation as a ks file (numbered in order) then I would only have to setup a material template for the first file render it then open each additional file apply the template and render.  While this isn't the best solution it would be a start.  The saved ks files out of 3ds max would need to keep the camera location so that the ks file would have the correct view.

I could then put the jpg files into sony vegas to create a video file.

thanks

Steve

guest84672

Simply export to FBX an import into KeyShot. This will allow you to store the animation and import it into KeyShot.

max0211

Hi Thomas,

Could you be a bit more specific about 3ds-fbx-export settings in order to get this to work.

I've been able to notice 2 major problems with various fbx export settings from 3ds to keyshot :

-Camera jumping out of scene ( no matter if the " adapt camera to geometry " is checked or unchecked ), seems to be because of the FOV not being imported with proper values, however changing it manually won't change the result (I've seen a post by Jbeau showing a nice aligned view between Ks and 3ds, apparently by setting by the correct FOV value, but for me it stays in a different position thant the original event after changing the FOV manually in KS ). The animation gets imported, seems to be correct however as the camera is not in the right place it's hard to get sure about how well it gets imported.

-Depending on the way the object was created, some pieces get imported in wrong places. I've been able to fix this by copying the piece in 3ds so that it would reset the pivot point ( resetting it manually won't work .. ), however it can be quite a pain for some pieces as copying them over and over won't resolve it.

Some help would be more than welcome as this is one of the only problem I've been experiencing that's restraining me from using all of Keyshot power.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Max

itc