DoF Quality

Started by WMihai, April 10, 2013, 08:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WMihai

I found a topic regarding this, so in order not to bore you with long text explaining, the same problem as this guy http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,5302.0.html Also, leaving it to render for 2 days in row is not an option.

Now I have noticed that the RealTime rendering is better (DoF not grainy) in the main window than using the Render function, but I need to render images around 4k but my display doesn't help me, I'm at 1920x1080.

So my question is, there's a way to make my Keyshot window to render at, 3k/4k with my display @ 1920x1080, any way? I'm using Keyshot 4 btw.

Thanks.

Despot

I don't think it's a stab in the dark to say, no, that is not possible

As I understand it, the real time render window is limited by your screen resolution... and even then you don't get the full wack

I have the same problem as you, but count yourself lucky that your not working on 1366x768 - It's a waking rendermare...

If I have to render any larger than that (all the time actually), I have to use the bucket renderer, more often than not without DOF as I cannot wait...  :(

J

WMihai

So...there's no way through this? I find hardly to believe that dev'ing such a friendly rendering app and you miss some important things or provide them, but somehow restrict them. It's not that I did renders of 5-10 minutes.

I can't see why RT rendering is more powerful than pre-rendering in KeyShot case, should't be the other way?

PhilippeV8

I don't understand .. you can render with the realtime render and set how much time it uses and it does give the exact same result as the work-window.  Only the work-window res is limited to screen size.

WMihai

Yes, but as I said in my firs post, I need renders at min of 3k/4k. Ofc I could do these in Maya/3DMax etc, but in this software I save alot of time, being each render I do is totally different and needs work from 0.